Monday, May 20, 2013

Pentecost Children's Message

During Pentecost Sunday, the Holy Spirit was truly moving through the church.  Five of our confirmation students affirmed their baptism. The church was packed. Communion was wonderful. Overall, the service ran well - except when the sound system started to crackle loudly during the offering. Even then, someone said, "It's the Holy Spirit!"
For the children's message, I created an acrostic spelling HOLY SPIRIT using ten translations of "Holy Spirit." The languages are, in order: Old English, Swahili, Norwegian, Polish, French, Spanish, Greek, Hebrew, Latin, and German. I could pronounce seven of the ten. I hope I didn't mess up the other three too badly!

1 comment:

  1. "It's the Holy Spirit!" I love that! I also love your children's message. I think I am totally going to steal it for next year!

    ReplyDelete