Thursday, December 9, 2010

Peer Support

During early October, I went to two events – the Gathering of the Ministerium of the Virginia Synod and the Intern Cluster Meeting. I realized at those meetings how much I missed being surrounded by my peers and colleagues. Fred and I are a bit alone on the lake. We don't go to synod conference meetings because they are so far away. Going to one of those meetings would take a whole day out of our busy schedules. We don't even gather with local ministers. The local pastors meet on an irregular and rare basis as far as I know. Although I would love to meet with other pastors on a regular basis, I don't have the time or energy to either go far away to the Richmond conference or to create a pericope group in town.
I also would love to keep in touch with my seminary and college friends, but I don't have the time or energy to stay in touch. At the end of the day, I often am too tired to do much of anything. Even my days off get too busy. Facebook is the most communication I have with friends and family on an average week.
I continue to love and miss my friends. I hope to communicate better. I have a bunch of letters to write and some phone calls to make. Now that some of the conflict at my internship site is resolved, maybe I will have more energy to keep in touch with those I love. Please feel free to contact me, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment